Yet another faux pas by Shinde over J&K attack
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde Thursday committed yet another faux pas in Lok Sabha by reading out twice a part of his statement on the terrorist attack in Srinagar.
Members were agitated and even Shinde`s ministerial colleagues were looking in disbelief as the Home Minister started reading the statement for the second time.
Several BJP members stood up to point out to Speaker Meira Kumar that the statement was being read again.
Unmindful of this, Shinde went on and read out almost half of the five-paragraph statement.
Finally, he stopped only after a Lok Sabha official went up to him to apparently say that he has already read it out and was repeating it.
A few weeks ago, Shinde had committed a gaffe in Rajya Sabha when he read out a statement naming the three girls who were raped and killed in Bhandara district of Maharashtra. As per Supreme Court guidelines, rape victims cannot be named.
Prior to that, he had referred to Pakistan-based Jamaat-ud -Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed, the main accused Mumbai terror attacks of 2008, as `Shri` and `Mr` in a statement made on the visit of Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez