Yet another faux pas by Shinde over J&K attack
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde Thursday committed yet another faux pas in Lok Sabha by reading out twice a part of his statement on the terrorist attack in Srinagar.
Members were agitated and even Shinde`s ministerial colleagues were looking in disbelief as the Home Minister started reading the statement for the second time.
Several BJP members stood up to point out to Speaker Meira Kumar that the statement was being read again.
Unmindful of this, Shinde went on and read out almost half of the five-paragraph statement.
Finally, he stopped only after a Lok Sabha official went up to him to apparently say that he has already read it out and was repeating it.
A few weeks ago, Shinde had committed a gaffe in Rajya Sabha when he read out a statement naming the three girls who were raped and killed in Bhandara district of Maharashtra. As per Supreme Court guidelines, rape victims cannot be named.
Prior to that, he had referred to Pakistan-based Jamaat-ud -Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed, the main accused Mumbai terror attacks of 2008, as `Shri` and `Mr` in a statement made on the visit of Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof