Yet to get an invite from Ramdev: Team Anna
New Delhi: Team Anna on Sunday said it was yet to get an invite from yoga guru Ramdev to join his indefinite protest against blackmoney which begins here this Thursday.
"We have not received any invite yet. When it (invite) comes, we will see," Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal told reporters here.
His comments came when asked whether Team Anna will attend Ramdev`s protest.
The comments assume significance against the backdrop of reports that while Ramdev was still planning to turn his agitation political Team Anna pipped him by announcing the formation of a political alternative.
Anna Hazare had on March 25 announced that both his team and yoga guru will support and participate in each other`s protests. Hazare had earlier said he will join Ramdev`s protest.
Hazare, Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi attended Ramdev`s one-day fast at Jantar Mantar on June three while Ramdev made an appearance at Jantar Mantar during Team Anna`s indefinite fast.
The relations between them were strained after Team Anna attacked Ramdev for sharing the dais with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi last Sunday. However, the next day Team Anna sought to play down differences saying he was free to meet anyone he wanted to.
A section in Team Anna has always been opposed to association with Ramdev.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- India rejects USCIRF report on intolerance, says Constitution guarantees right to freedom of religion
- Gold price rises further to Rs 30,250 per 10 grams
- India's tour of Zimbabwe: Men in Blue to play three ODIs, three T20Is in June
- NEET 2016: SC asks MCI to respond to state governments' plea to hold separate exams this year
- Uber users can soon pay for rides abroad using Paytm wallet