Yoga guru Ramdev discharged from hospital
Dehradun: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev was discharged from hospital here Tuesday morning, four days after he was admitted there due to deteriorating health during a nine-day long fast against corruption, officials said.
Announcing his discharge, doctors at the Jolly Grant Hospital in the Uttarakhand capital said his blood pressure and pulse rate were normal. The doctors have also advised him not to do breathing exercises and yoga for a few days.
He will leave for his ashram on the outskirts of Haridwar.
"He must take rest till he becomes totally fit. There is no special restriction on food as he takes only fruits," S.L. Jethwani from the hospital told reporters here.
Asked if another fast may cost Ramdev his health, the doctor said: "If he gets totally well and then goes for a fast, there will be no problem."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender