Youth are actors of social change: UPSC chairman
Amravati: Union Public Service Commission
Chairman, Prof D P Agrawal, today said the educated youth were
"actors of social change" and basis for development.
Addressing the 28th convocation of Sant Gadgebaba
Amravati University here, UPSC Chairman talked highly about
the potential of the youth.
Agrawal also said the skills the youth needed in the
future would be different from what they learn in classrooms.
Observing that the youth now demand a more cosmopolitan
society that is a full-fledged member of the global economy,
he said they are more likely to start their own businesses and
contribute to a more vibrant economy.
Computer literacy and education were eradicating the
caste barriers, he said. "Urban youth are more concerned with
their professional ambition than the caste."
"Young people are a crucial segment... they are the
basis for future development and are social actors of change
and can serve as a pressure group to lobby governments in
defining their priorities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video