Youth are actors of social change: UPSC chairman
Amravati: Union Public Service Commission
Chairman, Prof D P Agrawal, today said the educated youth were
"actors of social change" and basis for development.
Addressing the 28th convocation of Sant Gadgebaba
Amravati University here, UPSC Chairman talked highly about
the potential of the youth.
Agrawal also said the skills the youth needed in the
future would be different from what they learn in classrooms.
Observing that the youth now demand a more cosmopolitan
society that is a full-fledged member of the global economy,
he said they are more likely to start their own businesses and
contribute to a more vibrant economy.
Computer literacy and education were eradicating the
caste barriers, he said. "Urban youth are more concerned with
their professional ambition than the caste."
"Young people are a crucial segment... they are the
basis for future development and are social actors of change
and can serve as a pressure group to lobby governments in
defining their priorities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’