Youth Cong appointments only through poll process: Rahul
Mahad (Maha): Youth Congress office-bearers would henceforth be appointed not from Delhi, but through organisational elections, AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi said here on Saturday.
Rahul was addressing meetings with youth and Congress workers -- which saw participation of women in large numbers -- during the last leg of his three-day visit to Maharashtra.
"Earlier Youth Congress was taken for granted and its chief used to be appointed from Delhi. Henceforth, such a thing will not happen," he said.
Later, addressing meetings of nomadic tribes and youth from Sangli, Kolhapur, Madha and Pune Lok Sabha constituencies at Satara in western Maharashtra, Rahul said, "In other parties, the organisational structure is dictated from the top. I don`t want this structure in Youth Congress."
"I want to ensure that the functionaries are chosen from grassroot level. In the Youth Congress elections slated after two and a half months, this will be ensured," he said.
"For some, their party has become an ancestral property, a passport. I don`t want this in Congress," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY