Youth Cong appointments only through poll process: Rahul
Mahad (Maha): Youth Congress office-bearers would henceforth be appointed not from Delhi, but through organisational elections, AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi said here on Saturday.
Rahul was addressing meetings with youth and Congress workers -- which saw participation of women in large numbers -- during the last leg of his three-day visit to Maharashtra.
"Earlier Youth Congress was taken for granted and its chief used to be appointed from Delhi. Henceforth, such a thing will not happen," he said.
Later, addressing meetings of nomadic tribes and youth from Sangli, Kolhapur, Madha and Pune Lok Sabha constituencies at Satara in western Maharashtra, Rahul said, "In other parties, the organisational structure is dictated from the top. I don`t want this structure in Youth Congress."
"I want to ensure that the functionaries are chosen from grassroot level. In the Youth Congress elections slated after two and a half months, this will be ensured," he said.
"For some, their party has become an ancestral property, a passport. I don`t want this in Congress," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'