Youth Congress appointments only through poll process: Rahul
Mahad (Maha): Youth Congress
office-bearers would henceforth be appointed not from Delhi,
but through organisational elections, AICC general secretary
Rahul Gandhi said here on Saturday.
Rahul was addressing meetings with youth and Congress
workers -- which saw participation of women in large numbers
-- during the last leg of his three-day visit to Maharashtra.
"Earlier Youth Congress was taken for granted and its
chief used to be appointed from Delhi. Henceforth, such a
thing will not happen," he said.
The Congress leader later left for Satara in western
Maharashtra where he is scheduled to attend a convention of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!