Youth Congress convention in Delhi
New Delhi: In the first of its kind, the All India Youth Congress will hold a convention of its office-bearers from all states here next week at the instance of
A brainchild of Gandhi, who is general secretary in-charge of Youth Congress, the two-day convention will begin on November 28 and the delegates will deliberate on various issues.
Called `Buniyaad` (foundation), the `mini AICC session` will be addressed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi, top sources said.
The convention comes ahead of Assembly elections to five states, including Uttar Pradesh.
Rahul is likely to inaugurate the convention and address the nearly 8,000 office bearers of Youth Congress from across the country.
The Congress general secretary has been personally touring the country and conducting membership drives to strengthen the party`s youth wing.
He has also brought in election system to elect office bearers and Presidents of state Youth Congress units.
This is the first time that such a convention of the Youth Congress will be held, the sources said, adding that the idea was mooted by Gandhi.
The convention is likely to adopt resolutions on pressing issues like inflation, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Forex reserves touch a life-time high of $363.8 billion
- Women not safe in Bihar? After Nirbhaya-like gang-rape, another girl attacked with acid
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties
- Euro 2016: Spain prepared for clash against 'powerful' Italy, says Iniesta
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness