Youth Congress convention in Delhi
New Delhi: In the first of its kind, the All India Youth Congress will hold a convention of its office-bearers from all states here next week at the instance of
A brainchild of Gandhi, who is general secretary in-charge of Youth Congress, the two-day convention will begin on November 28 and the delegates will deliberate on various issues.
Called `Buniyaad` (foundation), the `mini AICC session` will be addressed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi, top sources said.
The convention comes ahead of Assembly elections to five states, including Uttar Pradesh.
Rahul is likely to inaugurate the convention and address the nearly 8,000 office bearers of Youth Congress from across the country.
The Congress general secretary has been personally touring the country and conducting membership drives to strengthen the party`s youth wing.
He has also brought in election system to elect office bearers and Presidents of state Youth Congress units.
This is the first time that such a convention of the Youth Congress will be held, the sources said, adding that the idea was mooted by Gandhi.
The convention is likely to adopt resolutions on pressing issues like inflation, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday