Youth Congress convention in Delhi
New Delhi: In the first of its kind, the All India Youth Congress will hold a convention of its office-bearers from all states here next week at the instance of
A brainchild of Gandhi, who is general secretary in-charge of Youth Congress, the two-day convention will begin on November 28 and the delegates will deliberate on various issues.
Called `Buniyaad` (foundation), the `mini AICC session` will be addressed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi, top sources said.
The convention comes ahead of Assembly elections to five states, including Uttar Pradesh.
Rahul is likely to inaugurate the convention and address the nearly 8,000 office bearers of Youth Congress from across the country.
The Congress general secretary has been personally touring the country and conducting membership drives to strengthen the party`s youth wing.
He has also brought in election system to elect office bearers and Presidents of state Youth Congress units.
This is the first time that such a convention of the Youth Congress will be held, the sources said, adding that the idea was mooted by Gandhi.
The convention is likely to adopt resolutions on pressing issues like inflation, the sources said.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?