Youth Congress workers send history textbooks to Narendra Modi
Mumbai: Youth Congress workers on Wednesday sent a package containing history textbooks to BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a "Diwali gift", claiming it was meant to help him "improve his knowledge" of the subject.
"At a recent rally, Modi wrongly said in his speech that Taxila was a part of Bihar, when it was in fact located in North West Pakistan," Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress president Ganesh Kumar Yadav told reporters during a function held at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai.
Modi also referred to Chandragupta as a great king of the Gupta dynasty instead of the Maurya dynasty, he added.
"Today, we have sent him history textbooks from 5th to 8th standard SSC and 9th to 10th standard ICSE as a Diwali gift to help him improve his knowledge of history," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SAD moves privilege motion against Jairam, Renuka
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita
- RBI imposes Rs 5 cróre penalty on Bank of Baroda
- Turkey issues warrants for 42 journalists after coup: TV
- How Africans collaborate with wild birds to get honey