Youth Congress workers send history textbooks to Narendra Modi
Mumbai: Youth Congress workers on Wednesday sent a package containing history textbooks to BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a "Diwali gift", claiming it was meant to help him "improve his knowledge" of the subject.
"At a recent rally, Modi wrongly said in his speech that Taxila was a part of Bihar, when it was in fact located in North West Pakistan," Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress president Ganesh Kumar Yadav told reporters during a function held at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai.
Modi also referred to Chandragupta as a great king of the Gupta dynasty instead of the Maurya dynasty, he added.
"Today, we have sent him history textbooks from 5th to 8th standard SSC and 9th to 10th standard ICSE as a Diwali gift to help him improve his knowledge of history," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach