Youth Congress workers send history textbooks to Narendra Modi
Mumbai: Youth Congress workers on Wednesday sent a package containing history textbooks to BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a "Diwali gift", claiming it was meant to help him "improve his knowledge" of the subject.
"At a recent rally, Modi wrongly said in his speech that Taxila was a part of Bihar, when it was in fact located in North West Pakistan," Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress president Ganesh Kumar Yadav told reporters during a function held at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai.
Modi also referred to Chandragupta as a great king of the Gupta dynasty instead of the Maurya dynasty, he added.
"Today, we have sent him history textbooks from 5th to 8th standard SSC and 9th to 10th standard ICSE as a Diwali gift to help him improve his knowledge of history," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!