Youth gets 1-year RI for biting off neighbour`s ear
Indore: A local court on Tuesday sentenced a youth to one year`s rigorous imprisonment for grievously injuring his neighbour following a quarrel over his pet dog in 2013.
Upper Sessions Court judge P K Sinha held Pushparaj alias Pintu (20) guilty under various sections, including section 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means), of the Indian Penal Code for biting off the right ear of Gabbar (22) after the quarrel.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on Pintu.
It is prosecution`s case that Pintu bit off almost entire right ear of Gabbar after the latter had hurled a stone at his pet dog on March 27, 2013, at Mirzapur village.
"Pintu had also threatened to kill Gabbar if he threw stone at his dog again in future," said public prosecutor N A Mandloi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions