Youth gets 1-year RI for biting off neighbour`s ear
Indore: A local court on Tuesday sentenced a youth to one year`s rigorous imprisonment for grievously injuring his neighbour following a quarrel over his pet dog in 2013.
Upper Sessions Court judge P K Sinha held Pushparaj alias Pintu (20) guilty under various sections, including section 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means), of the Indian Penal Code for biting off the right ear of Gabbar (22) after the quarrel.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on Pintu.
It is prosecution`s case that Pintu bit off almost entire right ear of Gabbar after the latter had hurled a stone at his pet dog on March 27, 2013, at Mirzapur village.
"Pintu had also threatened to kill Gabbar if he threw stone at his dog again in future," said public prosecutor N A Mandloi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?