Youth gets 1-year RI for biting off neighbour`s ear
Indore: A local court on Tuesday sentenced a youth to one year`s rigorous imprisonment for grievously injuring his neighbour following a quarrel over his pet dog in 2013.
Upper Sessions Court judge P K Sinha held Pushparaj alias Pintu (20) guilty under various sections, including section 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means), of the Indian Penal Code for biting off the right ear of Gabbar (22) after the quarrel.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on Pintu.
It is prosecution`s case that Pintu bit off almost entire right ear of Gabbar after the latter had hurled a stone at his pet dog on March 27, 2013, at Mirzapur village.
"Pintu had also threatened to kill Gabbar if he threw stone at his dog again in future," said public prosecutor N A Mandloi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends