Youth gets life sentence for kidnap, rape in TN
Erode: A local court in Gobichettippalayam near Erode awarded life sentence to a youth for kidnapping and raping a minor girl in 2010.
According to prosecution, 19-year-old Sakthivel kidnapped a 17-year-old girl with the help of three others on April 14, 2010 in gobichettipalayam. Sakthivel took the girl to Salem where and raped her.
The girl escaped from there two days later and returned to Gobichettipalayam and lodged a police complaint. The police arrested the four.
One of those who helped in kidnapping the girl died few years later. Additional Sessions Judge awarded life sentence to Sakthivel on Friday while two others would have to undego six years rigorous imprisonment each.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark