Youth gets life sentence for kidnap, rape in TN
Erode: A local court in Gobichettippalayam near Erode awarded life sentence to a youth for kidnapping and raping a minor girl in 2010.
According to prosecution, 19-year-old Sakthivel kidnapped a 17-year-old girl with the help of three others on April 14, 2010 in gobichettipalayam. Sakthivel took the girl to Salem where and raped her.
The girl escaped from there two days later and returned to Gobichettipalayam and lodged a police complaint. The police arrested the four.
One of those who helped in kidnapping the girl died few years later. Additional Sessions Judge awarded life sentence to Sakthivel on Friday while two others would have to undego six years rigorous imprisonment each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested