Youths to shape India’s future: Pitroda
New Delhi: Youths are poised to play a vital
role in shaping the future of India with an unique combination
of progressive and "out of the box" thinking and traditional
values, speakers participating at a youth forum meet said here
"There is no doubt in my mind that youth of India will be
at the forefront of building a better future with the unique
combination of progressive and out of box thinking and the
traditional values," said Sam Pitroda, Advisor to the Prime
Minister on Public Information Infrastructure and Innovations.
He was addressing the `India Youth Forum 2012` at
Jawaharlal Nehru University here
Observing that the present generation is confronted with
challenges arising of climate change, changing job markets,
technological advances and alike, he said, "It is our duty to
empower and equip with skills that help build resilience in
the youth to face them."
Hailing the Indian youths for their competitive spirit,
founding president of World Public Forum Vladimir Yakunin
said, "India is an emerging nation which is seeing year on
year growth...I also believe that this growth will continue by
the remarkable way in which the youth of India compete with
rest of the world."
Around 80 young activists from across the world
participated in the meet titled `A country of my dreams` with
a mission to craft a new future through active campaigning
and dialogue, the organisers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why