You’ve been a wonderful partner: Obama to PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday called up US President Barack Obama to congratulate him on his re-election and said this had given the opportunity to the two countries to carry forward and build on the "enormous successes" achieved in bilateral ties in the last few years.
While thanking Singh, Obama described him as "a wonderful partner" whose leadership at the world stage he appreciated and said he looked forward to working together.
Singh and Obama had a telephonic conversation this evening, the Prime Minister`s Office said in a statement.
"The Prime Minister reiterated his congratulations to President Obama on his re-election and wished him success for his second term in office," it said.
Singh had sent a congratulatory message to Obama yesterday, soon after his re-election.
During the telephonic conversation, the Prime Minister said Obama`s re-election has "given the opportunity to the two countries to carry forward and build on the enormous successes that had been achieved in the bilateral partnership in the last few years."
The Prime Minister expressed his appreciation for the personal interest and commitment Obama had brought to Indo-US relationship and said he looked forward to continuing their close cooperation to pursue their shared vision for the strategic partnership between the two countries.
Obama thanked Singh for his wishes and said "you have been a wonderful partner".
He noted that India and the US had an excellent relationship which had deepened over the last few years.
Expressing appreciation for Singh`s leadership on the world stage, the US President said he looked forward to working together with him.
"Both leaders expressed their intention of seeing each other soon," the PMO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP