YS Dadwal takes over as SSB chief
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Y S Dadwal
on Wednesday took over as the new chief of the paramilitary Sashastra
Seema Bal (SSB) after he handed over his earlier charge of
Delhi Police Commissioner.
The post of the Director General of SSB, which guards
the `open` Indian borders with Nepal and Bhutan, was lying
vacant since October 31 when the earlier incumbent M V Krishna
Rao had retired.
59-year-old Dadwal, a 1974-batch IPS officer, had a
stint of over three years as Delhi Police Commissioner during
which he was credited for the foolproof security arrangements
during the Commonwealth Games here.
He was accorded a guard of honour on his arrival from
Delhi Police headquarters where he earlier handed over his
charge to 1975-batch IPS officer B K Gupta.
Dadwal was briefed about the force`s history and
duties by senior SSB officers after he assumed his new post.
A power-point presentation of the SSB`s deployment,
formations and various units across the country was also
presented to the new chief at the force` headquarters here.
On his new responsibility, Dadwal had earlier said
that he will have to "study first" and only then he could give
comments on his assignment.
The SSB guards 1,751 kilometres of Indo-Nepal border
and 699 kilometres of Indo-Bhutan border. Dadwal is the 11th
DG of SSB which comprises about 50,000 personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'