YSR Congress may file petition against denial of bail to Jagan
Hyderabad: The YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) said here on friday that it may file a review petition against the today`s Supreme Court (SC) order denying bail to its chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in the alleged multi-crore disproportionate income case, calling the SC order "disappointing".
"We are in touch with legal experts and are exploring options including filing a review petition. We believe that the sequence of events that unfolded in Delhi on the eve of the verdict leads to suspicion about a conspiracy to hold Jaganmohan Reddy in jail for a longer period," YSRCP spokesperson Ambati Rambabu said here today in a release.
A bench of justices Aftab Alam and Ranjana Prakash Desai today ruled that Jagan can apply for bail only after the CBI completes its probe in all seven cases lodged against him.
"The people?s court has already given the verdict in the recent by-elections and we will fight until final victory. Y S Vijayamma (Jaganmohan`s mother) will lead the party in the absence of Jaganmohan, who has been in the Chanchalguda Jail for the past 132 days," he said.
"Though we are disappointed with the order denying bail to our leader, our resolve to uphold the ideals of YSR (late Andhra Pradesh chief minister Y S Rajasekhar Reddy) has strengthened and we will work under Vijayamma," he said.
"Pulling off something big on the eve of any major judicial proceeding of Y S Jaganmohan Reddy has become a pattern with vested interests working overtime to keep him at bay. We will fight back tooth and nail against the conspirators," he said.
"The setback is temporary, but the cadre need not be worried, as people have given a powerful mandate to our party," he said. He also alleged that a nexus between the ruling Congress and the opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in Andhra Pradesh has been active from the day Jaganmohan Reddy was forced out of the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre