YSRC urges TDP, others to join protest in Delhi over T-Bill
Hyderabad: YSR Congress on Friday appealed to all the parties, including TDP, to take part in the dharna to be held by the party in New Delhi on?February 17.
YSR Congress will stage a protest at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi against the division of Andhra Pradesh.
"The dharna would be a battle between Delhi`s arrogance and Telugu self-pride and the latter will be the winner eventually," party spokesperson Vasireddy Padma told reporters here today.
According to her, this is the right time for all the democratic forces to join hands and fight out the divisive politics of Congress and the dharna should echo in the Parliament and force the Congress biggies and Sonia Gandhi to change their minds.
Padma also appealed to TDP leader N Chandrababu Naidu to join the protest and "be categorical in his stand".
"He should also issue a whip and ask his leaders to take a uniform stand in the Parliament. The national and regional parties have expressed solidarity with YSRCP, whose leader Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy has been persistently raising his voice for a united state and working hard to mobilise public opinion in favour of a united state," she said.
The party leaders and members will leave for Delhi in two trains, she said.
"The timing of the dharna is appropriate and is not last minute reaction. The dharna is being held on the day the Bill issue will be raised in the Lok Sabha," the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing