Zardari flies back to Pakistan after India visit
Jaipur: Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, who arrived here on Sunday for his daylong visit to offer prayers at the shrine of Sufi saint Khwaja Moninuddin Chisti, flew back to Rawalpindi this evening.
Zardari, who prayed at the Sufi shrine here along with his 23-year-old son Bilawal Bhutto Zardari amidst tight security, offered a grant of Rs five crores on behalf of his government for the shrine.
Both Zardari and his son Bilawal Bhutto offered ``chadars`` at the dargah.
"The soulful happiness that I have experienced at this holy place is beyond explanation. I pray to Allah to make life easy for the entire humanity," Zardari wrote in a diary at the dargah.
Zardari had earlier visited the Sufi saint`s shrine in 2005, with his wife, former prime minister of Pakistan, Benazir Bhutto.
Earlier in the day, Zardari had very fruitful and constructive talks with Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh during his stopover in Delhi.
Both the sides expressed satisfaction with today`s talks, and showed keen interest in finding practical, pragmatic solutions to all issues. The two leaders in their discussions noted that there had been steady progress in the dialogue process, which was restarted last year.
Zardari also invited the Indian Prime Minister to visit Pakistan, which the latter happily accepted.
New Delhi had suspended the peace process between the two sides after the commando-style militant attacks in India`s commercial capital Mumbai in 2008, by Pakistan-based militants, which caused the death of 166 people.
India and Pakistan, which have fought three wars since their independence from British rule in 1947, have been slowly trying to repair relations and agreed to resume formal peace talks broken off in wake of the Mumbai attack in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed