Zardari, Krishna meet briefly at SCO
Beijing: External Affairs Minister S M Krishna exchanged pleasantries with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari as the two leaders had a brief encounter on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation on Thursday.
Zardari and Krishna shared the same table at the luncheon for the SCO leaders and the two were seen exchanging pleasantries, even though they were seated separately.
Zardari also met several top leaders of members countries in the China-backed security forum.
Besides holding talks with Chinese President Hu Jintao, Zardari also met the Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping, widely speculated to succeed Hu in the leadership change to acquainted with the next generation Chinese leadership.
In his meeting with Zardari, Hu said China encourages and supports its enterprises to participate in energy and electric power projects in Pakistan.
"China will continue to provide assistance for Pakistan`s economic and social development within our capacity," Hu said.
He called on the two sides to improve law-enforcement and security cooperation, and jointly fight the "three evil forces" of terrorism, separatism and extremism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'