Zardari, Krishna meet briefly at SCO
Beijing: External Affairs Minister S M Krishna exchanged pleasantries with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari as the two leaders had a brief encounter on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation on Thursday.
Zardari and Krishna shared the same table at the luncheon for the SCO leaders and the two were seen exchanging pleasantries, even though they were seated separately.
Zardari also met several top leaders of members countries in the China-backed security forum.
Besides holding talks with Chinese President Hu Jintao, Zardari also met the Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping, widely speculated to succeed Hu in the leadership change to acquainted with the next generation Chinese leadership.
In his meeting with Zardari, Hu said China encourages and supports its enterprises to participate in energy and electric power projects in Pakistan.
"China will continue to provide assistance for Pakistan`s economic and social development within our capacity," Hu said.
He called on the two sides to improve law-enforcement and security cooperation, and jointly fight the "three evil forces" of terrorism, separatism and extremism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state