Zardari to be accompanied by 40-member delegation
New Delhi: Pakistan President Asif Ali
Zardari will be accompanied by a 40-member delegation when he
arrives here on a "private visit" during which he will have
lunch with the Prime Minister and pay obeisance at the shrine
of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer.
There is minister in that delegation which comprises the
President`s family members, senior officials of the Presidency
and a media contingent, official sources said, without naming
any particular minister.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will host a lunch which
will be preceded by a meeting between the two leaders, they
"We are still in discussion", they said when asked if
Home Minister P Chidambaram will be part of the Prime
Minister`s delegation since there are reports that Interior
Minister Rehman Malik could be accompanying the President.
Sources kept insisting that it was a "private visit" of
Zardari and India had conveyed that if it was convenient, the
Prime Minister would host a lunch for him here.
The two leaders had last met in 2009 on the sidelines of
the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit in Russia.
On the agenda of the meeting, the sources said, "All
issues of interest will be raised...The lunch is preceded by a
meeting between the Prime Minister and President Zardari," but
refused to give any details of matters that are likely to
The sources said the Pakistan President will go to Jaipur
and from there will head to Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow