Zardari to be accompanied by 40-member delegation
New Delhi: Pakistan President Asif Ali
Zardari will be accompanied by a 40-member delegation when he
arrives here on a "private visit" during which he will have
lunch with the Prime Minister and pay obeisance at the shrine
of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer.
There is minister in that delegation which comprises the
President`s family members, senior officials of the Presidency
and a media contingent, official sources said, without naming
any particular minister.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will host a lunch which
will be preceded by a meeting between the two leaders, they
"We are still in discussion", they said when asked if
Home Minister P Chidambaram will be part of the Prime
Minister`s delegation since there are reports that Interior
Minister Rehman Malik could be accompanying the President.
Sources kept insisting that it was a "private visit" of
Zardari and India had conveyed that if it was convenient, the
Prime Minister would host a lunch for him here.
The two leaders had last met in 2009 on the sidelines of
the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit in Russia.
On the agenda of the meeting, the sources said, "All
issues of interest will be raised...The lunch is preceded by a
meeting between the Prime Minister and President Zardari," but
refused to give any details of matters that are likely to
The sources said the Pakistan President will go to Jaipur
and from there will head to Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali