Zee Media Corporation Limited rebuts allegations leveled by MS Dhoni
Zee Media Bureau
Zee Media has already moved Honorable Supreme Court with evidence in its possession
New Delhi: Zee Media Corporation Limited vehemently rebuts the allegations leveled against it in the defamation civil suit filed by Shri Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Captain, India Cricket Team, in the Madras High Court on Tuesday.
The news channel wishes to state categorically that its coverage in this regard has not been aimed to malign either any individual or body but to highlight the growing mess in the sport revered by millions and millions in the country.
The news channel has neither telecast nor shown any footage/dialogue to malign the image of the Indian Skipper. The coverage carried out by the news channel is in the best tradition of credible journalism with the avowed objective to highlight issues that ultimately help cleanse the game of cricket.
The news channel has telecast the story on cricket based on revelations made during the sting operation by Shri Vindu Dara Singh and Shri Sampat Kumar, IPS Officer (who had earlier probed IPL betting case). The story featuring the sting operation was telecast on 24th & 28th February, 2014 respectively.
As a commitment to millions of its viewers, the news channel aired the content carrying all due diligence. The news story put on air is based on the said sting operation featuring Shri Vindu Dara Singh and excerpts from the report filed by Justice Mudgal to the Honorable Supreme Court of India. The Justice Mudgal report findings have been widely reported by the print and electronic media. The news channel conducted the sting operation based on the facts which were in the public domain since series of stories had already been published by various media organizations on the issue during the time period of 10th – 14th February, 2014.
Zee Media Corporation Limited wishes to state here that it has already moved an intervention application on March 7, 2014 along with the evidence in its possession before the Honorable Supreme Court of India in the pending Special Leave Petition (SLP) filed by the Cricket Association of Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation
- Earthquake shakes southern Mexico, felt in capital
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset