Zee Media flags off India’s biggest Environment Awareness Initiative “My Earth My Duty” on World Environment Day
New Delhi: Zee Media as a responsible media organisation has time and again been engaging with its viewers to be responsible citizens. With a deep sense of commitment towards the society and Environmental Awareness, Zee Media brings another edition of India’s biggest environmental awareness initiative ‘My Earth My Duty’. The fourth edition of the campaign is being launched on the occasion of World Environment Day on 5th June, 2013.
Zee Media has consistently worked to raise awareness about the exigent issue of ‘Climate Change’ in an attempt to sensitize people against the impending threats and bring about a behavioral change in the people towards our Environment.
“My Earth My Duty” is a multi-city initiative, aimed at increasing awareness and protecting the Environment, with awareness camps, rallies, skits, discussions, oath ceremonies, painting competitions and other engaging activities across India marking the beginning of a three-month long campaign. In order to put the vision to work, pan–India plantation activity will be carried out from 15th Aug- 21st Aug 2013, urging citizens to collectively fight against the menace.
The initiative has registered phenomenal success both in terms of its reach and impact in the last three years. The initiative has set a record of planting over 1.4 cr trees till date across and engaged over 50 million youth of India, going down to the grassroots level.
My Earth My Duty initiative represented India as a model green campaign at Earth Summit- 2012, Rio De Jenario and has been recognized by Limca Book of Records for being the only campaign to make India Greener by over 50 Lakhs saplings in one day.
Alok Agrawal, CEO, Zee News Ltd said on the occasion, “At Zee Media, we have committed ourselves to creating awareness among Indian on their rights and responsibilities towards the environment and are working towards this goals through our programming and ground level activities. We have an over-riding objective to turn India into a greener and environment friendly country, which our children will inherit from us. To achieve this objective we will empower, engage and educate people to commit themselves to environment awareness and conservation.”
Zee News Ltd., Vice President, Marketing, Rohit Kumar said on the initiative, “Precisely at a time when India is confronted with development imperatives, we are also bound to be severely impacted by climate change. Which is why, we launched My Earth My Duty back in 2010 and since then have been creating social consciousness towards a greener and sustainable future. My Earth My Duty is entering its fourth successful year, nurturing a better environment. We hope to make widen the programme reach further by involving more and more people to actively participate in this endeavour.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users