Zee Media launches ``Gangajal..My Pride`` to save River Ganga
New Delhi: Ganga is not just a river for us, it is a symbol of our civilisation, our cultural supremacy and a lifeline for millions of Indians who take pride in their association with the holy river. In our country, Ganga is revered like a mother and its water is considered as nectar.
Ganga and its holy water finds association with every Indian from his birth till death. In the Hindu mythology, it is believed that salvation can`t be attained without the holy waters of Ganga and that`s why there is a tradition of keeping it in every household.
Despite its cultural and spiritual significance, our sheer negligence has turned Ganga`s pure, clean and life-giving water into poison. Growing industrial pollution and excessive urbanisation have endangered the existence of this holy river.
In 1985, the then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi launched the “Ganga Action Plan” with an aim to clean the river. In the past 29 years, despite spending over Rs 40,000 crores, there has been no change in its situation and the level of pollution continues to grow up.
As per scientific estimates, the river and its holy water will become extinct in the next 30 years if situation remains so. And, if it happens, this would mean the end of our culture, our civilisation. Would you allow this to happen?
With an aim to save Ganga, Zee Media – the country`s largest network – has launched the country`s most ambitious mission to save the holy river called – Gangajal..My Pride. With this, we have begun a revolution to save every single drop of this holy river from Gangotri to Ganga Sagar. If you also want to be a part of this mission, give us a missed call on – 09540285000.
You can also send us your valuable suggestions and share pictures of your association with Ganga on email@example.com.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem