Zee News celebrated Green Independence with Rangers
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Independence that needs to be practised by India and Pakistan is to rise above differences and build a better future for people of both sides of the border. Ongoing with this message, Zee Media Corporation Limited, nation’s largest news network celebrated India’s 68th year of freedom, and waved the tricolour high up at the Wagah Border with Security Forces of both the nations to soak in the feeling of freedom, patriotism and pride.
At the Wagah Border, Shri DK Pathak, IPS, DG, Border Security Force (BSF) exchanged sapling and fruits with Pakistani Rangers and undertook a plantation drive to spread the message of friendship and equality and threw open the border gates to embrace each other and celebrated freedom with great fervor and thus celebrated ‘Green Independence’ with Zee Media under ‘My Earth My Duty’ (MEMD) campaign.
Across the Radcliffe line, the mood was festive as Pak Rangers decorated their side of the border -- Wagah - with buntings and other embellishments as religious songs played in the backdrop. Many residents of nearby Pak villages had also arrived at the border to witness the Independence Day celebrations at the international border.
Speaking on this occasion, Sri DK Pathak , IPS, DG, BSF said, “ We are existed to participate in this initiative undertaken by Zee Media, on 19th August we will be planting approx 2 lack trees and hence will be creating a world record.”
Zee Media Corporation Limited (ZMCL) is going forward with 5th edition of its Campaign MEMD and the campaign addresses the issue of further degradation of environment, which is vital for our very existence. It is aimed at sensitizing and encouraging people to take concrete actions towards mitigating the effects of Climate Change and Environmental Degradation. The objective of the campaign this year is to plant at least 10 Lacs saplings across the country involving citizens from all walks of life including children, women and senior citizens.
MEMD campaign by ZMCL comes in the wake of rising concern about continuous environmental degradation and its adverse impact on entire human kind. It is a clarion call to everyone for joining hands to protect our beloved mother earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured