Zee News CEO Barun Das is new NBA VP
New Delhi: Zee News CEO Barun Das was
on Tuesday appointed as the Vice President
of the News Broadcasters Association.
The appointment was made at the NBA board meeting
held here, a release said.
Barun Das who was elected as the Treasurer last year, is a B-Tech from IIT-Madras, PGDBM from IIM-Calcutta and an alumnus of London School of Economics (LSE).
He has held various positions at senior managerial levels in leading companies like MCCS Ltd, Astro All Asia Networks Plc, India Today Group, ABP Group etc.
His rich experience includes areas like cross country operations, equity transactions and international business development, both in India and abroad. An ex-National junior Bridge player, Barun, actively pursues his interest in golf, tennis and badminton.
NDTV Executive Director and
Group CEO K V L Narayan Rao was appointed as the President of NBA. The other members of the board are G Krishnan,
Executive Director and CEO T V Today Network, Rajat Sharma of
Independent News Services, Sunil Lulla, MD and CEO of Times
Global Broadcasting company and Saikumar Ganapathy
Balasubramanian, COO of IBN 18 Broadacst Limited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?