Zee News clarifies facts on notice issued to Jindal
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday sought the response from the Jindal Group and Delhi Police on a plea to quash three FIRs filed against Zee Group and its two journalists.
Zee News Limited has received media queries on the subject of its petition before the Hon’ble Supreme Court today for which notices have been issued to three defendants:
a) Union of India
b) Jindal Steel & Power Limited
c) Govt of NCT
While the matter is sub-judice, ZNL confirms the following to align facts already in the public domain:
1. That a Writ Petition has been filed praying for quashing of three FIRs lodged against the Petitioners.
2. That stay of a Ministry of Information & Broadcasting notice/communication on 31.01.2013 has been prayed to protect the Petitioners from unconstitutional state action violative of the Fundamental Right of the Petitioners under Article 19(1)(a).
The notices are returnable in two weeks and the matter has been listed after four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday