Zee News clarifies facts on notice issued to Jindal
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday sought the response from the Jindal Group and Delhi Police on a plea to quash three FIRs filed against Zee Group and its two journalists.
Zee News Limited has received media queries on the subject of its petition before the Hon’ble Supreme Court today for which notices have been issued to three defendants:
a) Union of India
b) Jindal Steel & Power Limited
c) Govt of NCT
While the matter is sub-judice, ZNL confirms the following to align facts already in the public domain:
1. That a Writ Petition has been filed praying for quashing of three FIRs lodged against the Petitioners.
2. That stay of a Ministry of Information & Broadcasting notice/communication on 31.01.2013 has been prayed to protect the Petitioners from unconstitutional state action violative of the Fundamental Right of the Petitioners under Article 19(1)(a).
The notices are returnable in two weeks and the matter has been listed after four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you