Zee News clarifies facts on notice issued to Jindal
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday sought the response from the Jindal Group and Delhi Police on a plea to quash three FIRs filed against Zee Group and its two journalists.
Zee News Limited has received media queries on the subject of its petition before the Hon’ble Supreme Court today for which notices have been issued to three defendants:
a) Union of India
b) Jindal Steel & Power Limited
c) Govt of NCT
While the matter is sub-judice, ZNL confirms the following to align facts already in the public domain:
1. That a Writ Petition has been filed praying for quashing of three FIRs lodged against the Petitioners.
2. That stay of a Ministry of Information & Broadcasting notice/communication on 31.01.2013 has been prayed to protect the Petitioners from unconstitutional state action violative of the Fundamental Right of the Petitioners under Article 19(1)(a).
The notices are returnable in two weeks and the matter has been listed after four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM