Zee News clarifies facts on notice issued to Jindal
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday sought the response from the Jindal Group and Delhi Police on a plea to quash three FIRs filed against Zee Group and its two journalists.
Zee News Limited has received media queries on the subject of its petition before the Hon’ble Supreme Court today for which notices have been issued to three defendants:
a) Union of India
b) Jindal Steel & Power Limited
c) Govt of NCT
While the matter is sub-judice, ZNL confirms the following to align facts already in the public domain:
1. That a Writ Petition has been filed praying for quashing of three FIRs lodged against the Petitioners.
2. That stay of a Ministry of Information & Broadcasting notice/communication on 31.01.2013 has been prayed to protect the Petitioners from unconstitutional state action violative of the Fundamental Right of the Petitioners under Article 19(1)(a).
The notices are returnable in two weeks and the matter has been listed after four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened