Zee News felicitated for its commitment to society
New Delhi: Zee News’ My Earth My Duty Campaign won the Lions Club’s favourite CSR Campaign of the year award on 11th January, 2011 in Mumbai. The 17th Lions Gold Awards 2010 were organized to recognize and felicitate outstanding contribution from various walks of life (Film, Television, Sports, Business, Medicine, NGO etc).
My Earth My Duty Campaign is an initiative to sensitize people towards the effects of climate change. Zee News has started this campaign with the view of educating the masses about their role as well as their duty towards Mother Earth and has achieved its target of reaching the youth of the country. The marketing effort through this campaign addressed the impending threat of global warming that could endanger the existence of billions around the world. At the same time, it showed the way to contribute by making simple choices in daily lives.
The focus in year 2010 was on plantation. The campaign utilized all media forms like television, radio, print, web and SMS to spread the message of saving the environment and encouraging people to participate in the tree plantation drive. 73 lakh trees were planted in a single day. Lakhs of villages and 10 million volunteers actively participated to make it an unprecedented success.
As a responsible media organization, Zee News understands its commitment towards society and nation building and will continue with its various such CSR campaigns in the near future. The channel has established its credentials as a serious news channel by adopting the theme of ‘Zara Socihye’(pause to ponder). All its editorial and marketing initiatives revolve around this thought process, which helps it to fulfill its role as the fourth estate.
Zee News expressed its gratitude to the Lions Club for recognizing its effort. It is also thankful to the youth organizations of the country - Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), NCC, NSS, CRPF – Wives welfare Association, the Eco Task force and all its partners who associated with the campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon