Zee News felicitated for its commitment to society
New Delhi: Zee News’ My Earth My Duty Campaign won the Lions Club’s favourite CSR Campaign of the year award on 11th January, 2011 in Mumbai. The 17th Lions Gold Awards 2010 were organized to recognize and felicitate outstanding contribution from various walks of life (Film, Television, Sports, Business, Medicine, NGO etc).
My Earth My Duty Campaign is an initiative to sensitize people towards the effects of climate change. Zee News has started this campaign with the view of educating the masses about their role as well as their duty towards Mother Earth and has achieved its target of reaching the youth of the country. The marketing effort through this campaign addressed the impending threat of global warming that could endanger the existence of billions around the world. At the same time, it showed the way to contribute by making simple choices in daily lives.
The focus in year 2010 was on plantation. The campaign utilized all media forms like television, radio, print, web and SMS to spread the message of saving the environment and encouraging people to participate in the tree plantation drive. 73 lakh trees were planted in a single day. Lakhs of villages and 10 million volunteers actively participated to make it an unprecedented success.
As a responsible media organization, Zee News understands its commitment towards society and nation building and will continue with its various such CSR campaigns in the near future. The channel has established its credentials as a serious news channel by adopting the theme of ‘Zara Socihye’(pause to ponder). All its editorial and marketing initiatives revolve around this thought process, which helps it to fulfill its role as the fourth estate.
Zee News expressed its gratitude to the Lions Club for recognizing its effort. It is also thankful to the youth organizations of the country - Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), NCC, NSS, CRPF – Wives welfare Association, the Eco Task force and all its partners who associated with the campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America