Zee News Limited ready to offer help to Delhi`s braveheart
New Delhi: Zee News Limited had a detailed interaction with Mr Awindra Kumar Pandey, the surviving victim of the dastardly incident of December 16, 2012 in Delhi.
It was surprising that the victim had not been offered any assistance from government or even the civil society during his ordeal. This, in our assessment, was an insult to valour and moral character displayed by Mr Pandey by way of conduct while protecting the honour of his friend during their ill-fated bus journey on December 16 and in several concrete ways thereafter.
ZNL also learnt that the family of Mr Pandey is of modest resources and they are ungrudgingly bearing all the expenses of his treatment. This, we learnt, is being compounded by the fact that Mr Pandey shall have to remain away from his work place for several weeks more.
While treating victims is the job of hospitals, insurance companies and employers, in the special circumstances on hand, we have therefore decided to refer Mr Pandey to the renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr PK Dave, former director of AIIMS, and defray some of the expenses therein.
We hope Mr Pandey can soon regain his strength and shall proceed with a normal professional life.
In addition, and on account of the inspirational value of his actions, Zee News is also considering forwarding a nomination for Mr Pandey for the Bravery Award this Republic Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL