Zee News Limited ready to offer help to Delhi`s braveheart
New Delhi: Zee News Limited had a detailed interaction with Mr Awindra Kumar Pandey, the surviving victim of the dastardly incident of December 16, 2012 in Delhi.
It was surprising that the victim had not been offered any assistance from government or even the civil society during his ordeal. This, in our assessment, was an insult to valour and moral character displayed by Mr Pandey by way of conduct while protecting the honour of his friend during their ill-fated bus journey on December 16 and in several concrete ways thereafter.
ZNL also learnt that the family of Mr Pandey is of modest resources and they are ungrudgingly bearing all the expenses of his treatment. This, we learnt, is being compounded by the fact that Mr Pandey shall have to remain away from his work place for several weeks more.
While treating victims is the job of hospitals, insurance companies and employers, in the special circumstances on hand, we have therefore decided to refer Mr Pandey to the renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr PK Dave, former director of AIIMS, and defray some of the expenses therein.
We hope Mr Pandey can soon regain his strength and shall proceed with a normal professional life.
In addition, and on account of the inspirational value of his actions, Zee News is also considering forwarding a nomination for Mr Pandey for the Bravery Award this Republic Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets