Zee News Ltd moves court in complaint against Shri Naveen Jindal, MP, for invoking Chief Justice (Retd) JS Verma, for appropriate instructions to CBI
Criminal Defamation Case filed by Zee Business Editor against JSPL, Naveen Jindal & 14 others affixed for 8th March for pre-summoning evidence
In defamation Case offences are punishable with 2 years of imprisonment under section 500 IPC
New Delhi: In a fresh case filed by Zee News Ltd, the Hon’ble Court of Judge Dharmesh Sharma has taken consideration in the complaint made before CBI against Shri Naveen Jindal, MP, and placed the matter for hearing for 14 January, 2013 at 2PM. The case was filed after the CBI did not take action on a complaint made against Mr Naveen Jindal after his call to Hon’ble Retd. Chief Justice of India, Justice J S Verma in his capacity of Chairman of NBSA before he could make a pronouncement based on the complaint against Zee News Ltd by Naveen Jindal’s firm JSPL. Justice Verma had taken umbrage to Shri Jindal’s conduct.
In another development, the Criminal Defamation Case against JSPL, Naveen Jindal and 14 others in the court of Hon’ble Judge Namita Kumari in the Patiala House Courts filed by Zee Business Editor Samir Ahluwalia relating to a series of exposes in the Coalgate scam involving Shri Naveen Jindal and JSPL, came up for hearing today. The Court affixed March 8, 2013 for pre-summoning evidence.
Criminal defamation has been filed against M/s Jindal Steel & Power Ltd., and Sarva Shri Naveen Jindal, Anand Goel, Haigreev Khaitan, Vikrant Gujral, Ravi Uppal, Arun Kumar Purwar, Ratan Jindal, Sushil Kumar Maroo, Sudarshan Kumar Garg, Hardip Singh Wirk, Ram Vinay Shah, Arun Kumar, Dinesh Kumar Saraogi, Tej Kishen Sadhu, Rajeev Bhaduria.
Vijay Aggarwal, Counsel for Zee News Limited said, “the Court has taken cognizance of the offence of defamation which is punishable with 2 years of imprisonment under section 500 IPC. The defamation against my client Mr. Samir Ahluwalia is basis the false statements made during the press conference addressed by Mr. Naveen Jindal on 25th October, 2012.”
Note to Edtiors: Chaudhary and Ahluwalia have been falsely implicated in a case relating to a series of exposes in the Coalgate scam involving Congress MP and industrialist Naveen Jindal. The two Zee editors wanted to expose Mr Jindal’s template of silencing media coverage of Coalgate through a Rs-100 crore advertisement contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced