Zee News` `Manthan` gets prestigious award
Report: Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Zee News’ popular programme ‘Manthan’ has been honoured with the prestigious Vedic Ratna 2010 Award for promoting Indian culture and heritage.
Minister of State for Coal, Statistics and Programme Implementation Sri Prakash Jaiswal handed the award to the Manthan team led by Sarjana Sharma in a ceremony held in the national capital.
The award was conferred by the Padmesh Institute of Vedic Sciences of Kanpur, which imparts education in the field of astrology based on scientific and ancient techniques.
Each year Padmesh Institute of Vedic Sciences acknowledges the contribution of media organisations that promote Indian culture. This award, which was instituted 32 years ago, has several editions for different regions of the country including Mumbai and Kolkata. The award bestowed on Manthan is the first in the series for the year 2010.
Manthan is aired daily on Zee News at 6:30 am. The programme deals with spiritual aspects of Hinduism and other major religions. It also depicts how all cultures are inter-linked.
The programme has been running successfully on Zee News for the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred