Zee News` `Manthan` gets prestigious award
Report: Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Zee News’ popular programme ‘Manthan’ has been honoured with the prestigious Vedic Ratna 2010 Award for promoting Indian culture and heritage.
Minister of State for Coal, Statistics and Programme Implementation Sri Prakash Jaiswal handed the award to the Manthan team led by Sarjana Sharma in a ceremony held in the national capital.
The award was conferred by the Padmesh Institute of Vedic Sciences of Kanpur, which imparts education in the field of astrology based on scientific and ancient techniques.
Each year Padmesh Institute of Vedic Sciences acknowledges the contribution of media organisations that promote Indian culture. This award, which was instituted 32 years ago, has several editions for different regions of the country including Mumbai and Kolkata. The award bestowed on Manthan is the first in the series for the year 2010.
Manthan is aired daily on Zee News at 6:30 am. The programme deals with spiritual aspects of Hinduism and other major religions. It also depicts how all cultures are inter-linked.
The programme has been running successfully on Zee News for the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video