Zee News` `Manthan` gets prestigious award
Report: Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Zee News’ popular programme ‘Manthan’ has been honoured with the prestigious Vedic Ratna 2010 Award for promoting Indian culture and heritage.
Minister of State for Coal, Statistics and Programme Implementation Sri Prakash Jaiswal handed the award to the Manthan team led by Sarjana Sharma in a ceremony held in the national capital.
The award was conferred by the Padmesh Institute of Vedic Sciences of Kanpur, which imparts education in the field of astrology based on scientific and ancient techniques.
Each year Padmesh Institute of Vedic Sciences acknowledges the contribution of media organisations that promote Indian culture. This award, which was instituted 32 years ago, has several editions for different regions of the country including Mumbai and Kolkata. The award bestowed on Manthan is the first in the series for the year 2010.
Manthan is aired daily on Zee News at 6:30 am. The programme deals with spiritual aspects of Hinduism and other major religions. It also depicts how all cultures are inter-linked.
The programme has been running successfully on Zee News for the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state