Zee News poll finds most people don`t believe celebs make better politicians
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In the 2014 poll season, celebrities like Kirron Kher and Rakhi Sawant may be entering the Lok Sabha battle but the task ahead for them is not easy.
The `Zee News AB Meri Baari Poll` today asked the question `Do you think actors/ celebs make better politicians?` and the results turned out to be unexpected.
Of all the people who voted via SMS or online, only 30 percent believed that the celebrities make better politicians.
A large majority of 70 percent people were of the view that actors or celebs do not turn out to be good politicians as well.
In the past, several celebrities including the likes of Govinda have been found missing from their constituencies for months if not years.
On some occasions, people have had to put up posters saying their MP was missing.
Meanwhile, Mr Vijender Rathore of Vijaypur, Gujarat, won today`s cash prize of Rs 10,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city