Zee News wins national award for ‘Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat’
New Delhi: Zee News’ campaign to engage young voters in the electoral process — ‘Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat’ (AVAT) — bagged the prestigious National Award from the Election Commission of India (ECI).
Vice President of India, Mohammad Hamid Ansari, conferred the National Award on Zee News, on the occasion of National Voter’s Day at Vigyan Bhawan on Friday.
Rohit Kumar, Marketing Head, Zee News received the award from the Vice President.
The campaign’s effort towards creating awareness among the voters in states like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttaranchal, Haryana, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal was lauded by the ECI.
The AVAT campaign is the first recipient from the media to be conferred with the award.
Since its inception in 2009, the AVAT movement has bagged the Lion’s Club SOL awards for the best CSR campaign of 2012, and been recognised by Limca Book of Records as India’s biggest voter awareness initiative.
Alok Agrawal, CEO, Zee News Ltd said on the occasion, “We at Zee News have a singular objective in mind – to turn the world`s biggest democracy into a force to reckon with. For achieving the same we will empower, engage and educate the Indian citizenry to collate, collect and commit themselves to nation building.”
For more details on Zee News initiative ‘AVAT’ log on to:
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'