Zee News wins national award for ‘Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat’
New Delhi: Zee News’ campaign to engage young voters in the electoral process — ‘Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat’ (AVAT) — bagged the prestigious National Award from the Election Commission of India (ECI).
Vice President of India, Mohammad Hamid Ansari, conferred the National Award on Zee News, on the occasion of National Voter’s Day at Vigyan Bhawan on Friday.
Rohit Kumar, Marketing Head, Zee News received the award from the Vice President.
The campaign’s effort towards creating awareness among the voters in states like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttaranchal, Haryana, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal was lauded by the ECI.
The AVAT campaign is the first recipient from the media to be conferred with the award.
Since its inception in 2009, the AVAT movement has bagged the Lion’s Club SOL awards for the best CSR campaign of 2012, and been recognised by Limca Book of Records as India’s biggest voter awareness initiative.
Alok Agrawal, CEO, Zee News Ltd said on the occasion, “We at Zee News have a singular objective in mind – to turn the world`s biggest democracy into a force to reckon with. For achieving the same we will empower, engage and educate the Indian citizenry to collate, collect and commit themselves to nation building.”
For more details on Zee News initiative ‘AVAT’ log on to:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death