Zee Sangam, Zee News celebrated Independence Day with ITBP
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: To mark the occasion of 68th year of India’s Independence, Zee Sangam and Zee News, part of Zee Media Corporation Limited (India’s largest News Network), undertook a special tree plantation drive in association with Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) wherein saplings were planted in under the ‘My Earth My Duty’ (MEMD) campaign at Jayanti Khera, Raiberelli Road (near Airforce Station Memora).
To soak in the feeling of freedom, patriotism and pride Shri. Naveen Arora, Deputy Inspector General of with Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) who was the Chief Guest hoisted the National Flag. The mood was festive as Jawans decorated entire area with buntings and other embellishments as religious songs played in the backdrop.
Speaking on this occasion, Mr. Naveen Arora , DIG-ITBP Lucknow Said “ Zee Sangam’s & Zee media group’s drive “my earth my duty” is an excellent initiative which creates a zeal to take ownership towards Nature today we have done plantation of 200 saplings like Neem , Mango , Banyan , other such trees who will give much more to our coming generation as it will be the best gift to our coming generation to provide them a greener planet than now.”
Zee Media Corporation Limited (ZMCL) has launched its 5th edition of its Campaign ‘My Earth My Duty’ (MEMD). The campaign addresses the issue of further degradation of environment, which is vital for our very existence. It is aimed at sensitizing and encouraging people to take concrete actions towards mitigating the effects of Climate Change and Environmental Degradation.
The objective of the campaign this year is to plant at least 10 Lacs saplings across the country involving citizens from all walks of life including children, women and senior citizens.
Talking on the expectation from the campaign this year, Mr. Rohit Kumar, Vice President, Marketing, ZMCL said, “This year’s campaign becomes very significant as we have scaled it up to a new level. By involving key opinion leaders, regulators, Govt bodies, families, friends, we expect the campaign to spark off a big debate about saving environment we all live in! Zee Media is confident that the campaign will have huge participation and involvement from all walks of life and will go a long way in creating a positive as well as healthy environment.”
MEMD campaign by ZMCL comes in the wake of rising concern about continuous environmental degradation and its adverse impact on entire human kind. It is a clarion call to everyone for joining hands to protect our beloved mother earth.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference