Zee unveils new corporate brand identity
Mumbai: Media conglomerate Zee Group has
unveiled a new brand identity featuring a new logo and a
slogan to reflect the thoughts of the younger generation.
Under this initiative, all Zee channels -- except sport
channel -- will bear a new aqua blue logo and a new slogan --
`umeed se saje zindagi`.
"We believe the time is right to infuse the renewed
freshness into the brand. The new positioning is about a
woman`s emerging beliefs and a reflection of her changing
hopes, dreams and optimism," Zee limited managing director and
CEO Punit Goenka told reporters here.
The logo has been developed by an in-house team and the
channel has closely collaborated with its creative agency
draft FCB-Ulka to develop a new corporate brand television
The company will undertake a 360-degree campaign for its
new brand positioning. Goenka said the company has invested Rs
10 crore alone on creative aspects and the entire project will
run into a few hundred crore.
As part of the brand relaunch, Zee TV will premiere two
new shows in addition to a reality TV show.
Zee network, launched in October 1992, reaches more than
500 million viewers globally across more than 167 countries.
The group runs a general entertainment channel (GEC), movie
channels and regional channels among others.
Recently, Zee`s competitors Star had also unveiled its
new logo and brand repositioning. Interestingly, Star`s GEC
channel Star Plus now focuses on the young Indian, especially
women. It also unveiled its new tag line `Rista Wahi Soch
Older GECs like Star Plus, Zee TV and Sony have been
facing tough competition from new entrants like Colors and
Imagine. In such a scenario,keeping the brand alive in the
minds of the viewers becomes really important, say media
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened