Zero tolerance towards terror is mantra for NDA govt: Rijiju
Hyderabad: NDA government is on a mission of zero tolerance towards terrorism and any kind of illegal and unwanted activities in the country would be dealt with firmly, Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said on Sunday.
"We have started our new government with a mission, where zero tolerance towards terrorism is one of our agendas," Rijiju said after inaugurating a seminar on `National Security` at the city-based Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (NPA).
"Zero tolerance for terrorism is the mantra we are going (forward) with and we will not tolerate any kind of illegal, unwanted activities in our territory...Our Prime Minister has already told the citizens of this country about providing a secure India," the minister said.
Stating that the security challenges are changing day by day, Rijiju said, "There is Left-wing extremism besides the threat from external agencies and (there is) internal homegrown threat also."
Lauding police officers for their dedication, he said, "We expect a lot of things from police officers and sometimes the expectations are too high."
"India is a huge nation and it`s always a challenge to secure it. With India`s huge borders, including coastal, it`s not easy. It is only due to the services rendered by the security forces we are existing in the nation as a proud Indian," he added.
"Sometimes, we fail to recognise (the services rendered by police) except for giving medals occasionally...I would die as a proud Indian because of you (police)," the minister said.
The five-day seminar will cover various aspects of security, including internal, economic, environmental and energy.
Earlier, the minister inaugurated the Special Tactics Wing building at the NPA, which will facilitate tactical training of police officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi