121 mn internet users in India by Dec-end: Report
New Delhi: With increasing affordability of
PCs and internet penetration, India is all set to have 121
million internet users by December 2011, a study by Internet
and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IMRB has said.
According to the annual I-Cube Report jointly published
by IAMAI and IMRB, India`s internet population is expected to
grow to 121 million users by December 2011 from 100 million in
September this year.
Out of 121 million, 97 million are expected to be active
Internet users, who access Internet at least once in a month.
"A 100 million internet users is considered a critical
landmark for the country. With this internet use in India is
expected to enter a critical period of growth with the
possibility of becoming the largest internet using country in
the world in in this decade," the study said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics