121 mn internet users in India by Dec-end: Report
New Delhi: With increasing affordability of
PCs and internet penetration, India is all set to have 121
million internet users by December 2011, a study by Internet
and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IMRB has said.
According to the annual I-Cube Report jointly published
by IAMAI and IMRB, India`s internet population is expected to
grow to 121 million users by December 2011 from 100 million in
September this year.
Out of 121 million, 97 million are expected to be active
Internet users, who access Internet at least once in a month.
"A 100 million internet users is considered a critical
landmark for the country. With this internet use in India is
expected to enter a critical period of growth with the
possibility of becoming the largest internet using country in
the world in in this decade," the study said.
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain
- Chopper deal: I blacklisted AgustaWestland, not UPA, says Arun Jaitley
- Israeli jets carry out raids on Gaza: Palestinian Ministry