121 mn internet users in India by Dec-end: Report
New Delhi: With increasing affordability of
PCs and internet penetration, India is all set to have 121
million internet users by December 2011, a study by Internet
and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IMRB has said.
According to the annual I-Cube Report jointly published
by IAMAI and IMRB, India`s internet population is expected to
grow to 121 million users by December 2011 from 100 million in
September this year.
Out of 121 million, 97 million are expected to be active
Internet users, who access Internet at least once in a month.
"A 100 million internet users is considered a critical
landmark for the country. With this internet use in India is
expected to enter a critical period of growth with the
possibility of becoming the largest internet using country in
the world in in this decade," the study said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him