20 bn apps downloaded from Apple App Store in 2012
London: Almost 20 billion applications have been downloaded from the Apple App Store in 2012, the iPhone maker has said.
The tech giant said that over 40 billion apps have been downloaded since the App Store opened in July 2008.
That means around half of all Apple`s app downloads were made last year, illustrating the speed at which the ecosystem continues to grow, the Telegraph reports.
Apple also said that December was record-breaking, with two billion downloads - around a tenth of the year`s downloads, being made that month.
According to the paper, Apple`s download figures exclude app updates and re-downloads.
The California-based firm added that the App Store now has over 500 million active accounts.
That doesn`t mean the company has 500 million credit cards on its files, however, because it is possible to create an App Store account using an iTunes gift card, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...