20 bn apps downloaded from Apple App Store in 2012
London: Almost 20 billion applications have been downloaded from the Apple App Store in 2012, the iPhone maker has said.
The tech giant said that over 40 billion apps have been downloaded since the App Store opened in July 2008.
That means around half of all Apple`s app downloads were made last year, illustrating the speed at which the ecosystem continues to grow, the Telegraph reports.
Apple also said that December was record-breaking, with two billion downloads - around a tenth of the year`s downloads, being made that month.
According to the paper, Apple`s download figures exclude app updates and re-downloads.
The California-based firm added that the App Store now has over 500 million active accounts.
That doesn`t mean the company has 500 million credit cards on its files, however, because it is possible to create an App Store account using an iTunes gift card, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters