20 bn apps downloaded from Apple App Store in 2012
London: Almost 20 billion applications have been downloaded from the Apple App Store in 2012, the iPhone maker has said.
The tech giant said that over 40 billion apps have been downloaded since the App Store opened in July 2008.
That means around half of all Apple`s app downloads were made last year, illustrating the speed at which the ecosystem continues to grow, the Telegraph reports.
Apple also said that December was record-breaking, with two billion downloads - around a tenth of the year`s downloads, being made that month.
According to the paper, Apple`s download figures exclude app updates and re-downloads.
The California-based firm added that the App Store now has over 500 million active accounts.
That doesn`t mean the company has 500 million credit cards on its files, however, because it is possible to create an App Store account using an iTunes gift card, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29