25 ‘most dangerous’ passwords revealed!
Washington: The top three passwords of the year are ‘password’, ‘123456’ and ‘12345678’, a new survey has showed.
Password management company SplashData, has compiled the "25 most common passwords of the year", using data that hackers have posted online, which are said to be stolen passwords.
“Even though each year hacking tools get more sophisticated, thieves still tend to prefer easy targets. Just a little bit more effort in choosing better passwords will go a long way toward making you safer online,” CBS News quoted SplashData chief executive officer Morgan Slain, as saying.
The firm also suggested that using passwords of eight characters or more with mixed types of characters would protect consumers from getting hacked or losing their data.
Using different passwords for different websites is another way of saving information. A password manager application that organizes and protects passwords and can automatically log you into websites is the easiest solution to manage too many passwords if people face difficulty in remembering them, the report said.
Here are the 25 most common passwords of 2012, along with the change in rank from last year.
1. password (Unchanged) 2. 123456 (Unchanged) 3. 12345678 (Unchanged) 4. abc123 (Up 1) 5. qwerty (Down 1) 6. Monkey (Unchanged) 7. Letmein (Up 1) 8. Dragon (Up 2)
9. 111111 (Up 3) 10. Baseball (Up 1) 11. Iloveyou (Up 2) 12. Trustno1 (Down 3) 13. 1234567 (Down 6) 14. Sunshine (Up 1) 15. Master (Down 1) 16. 123123 (Up 4) 17. Welcome (New) 18. Shadow (Up 1) 19. Ashley (Down 3) 20. Football (Up 5) 21. Jesus (New) 22. Michael (Up 2) 23. Ninja (New) 24. Mustang (New) 25. Password1 (New)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why