25 ‘most dangerous’ passwords revealed!
Washington: The top three passwords of the year are ‘password’, ‘123456’ and ‘12345678’, a new survey has showed.
Password management company SplashData, has compiled the "25 most common passwords of the year", using data that hackers have posted online, which are said to be stolen passwords.
“Even though each year hacking tools get more sophisticated, thieves still tend to prefer easy targets. Just a little bit more effort in choosing better passwords will go a long way toward making you safer online,” CBS News quoted SplashData chief executive officer Morgan Slain, as saying.
The firm also suggested that using passwords of eight characters or more with mixed types of characters would protect consumers from getting hacked or losing their data.
Using different passwords for different websites is another way of saving information. A password manager application that organizes and protects passwords and can automatically log you into websites is the easiest solution to manage too many passwords if people face difficulty in remembering them, the report said.
Here are the 25 most common passwords of 2012, along with the change in rank from last year.
1. password (Unchanged) 2. 123456 (Unchanged) 3. 12345678 (Unchanged) 4. abc123 (Up 1) 5. qwerty (Down 1) 6. Monkey (Unchanged) 7. Letmein (Up 1) 8. Dragon (Up 2)
9. 111111 (Up 3) 10. Baseball (Up 1) 11. Iloveyou (Up 2) 12. Trustno1 (Down 3) 13. 1234567 (Down 6) 14. Sunshine (Up 1) 15. Master (Down 1) 16. 123123 (Up 4) 17. Welcome (New) 18. Shadow (Up 1) 19. Ashley (Down 3) 20. Football (Up 5) 21. Jesus (New) 22. Michael (Up 2) 23. Ninja (New) 24. Mustang (New) 25. Password1 (New)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt