6% American adults online now use Reddit: Study
Washington: A new study has revealed that 6 percent of American adults online reportedly use Reddit, a self-proclaimed first page of Internet which allows users to submit links and vote them up or down based on their quality, novelty or general ability to generate amusement,
According to the study by Pew Center`s Internet and American Life project, the six percent of people who frequent the site put Reddit at par with with Tumblr as compared to Twitter which is used by 1 6 percent of American adults online and 67 percent of those who use Facebook, Washington Post reports.
The report said that young men are most likely to use Reddit with about 15 percent of male Internet users between ages 18 and 29 said that they use the site as compared to five percent of women of the same age.
The increase in number of people using the site indicate towards the rise in awareness about Reddit which was founded in 2005 by Alexis Ohanian and Steve Huffman and sold to Conde Nast in 2006.
Reddit has served as an online spot for simply finding something amusing but has also been used as a forum for political action and for tapping into the flow of online discussion.
According to the report, President Barack Obama joined the site to participate in its regular and mostly open question-and-answer sessions.
Reddit reported 71 million unique visitors in May and said it was on track to hit 5 billion page views this year. Last year, the site reported about 2 billion page views for the year and 34 million unique views in a month.
The study found that young men are the site`s most dedicated users and eight percent of men and five percent of women between the ages of 30 and 49 are using the site while those aged 50-64 are three percent and two percent respectively.
The report further added that three percent of men aged 65 said that they used Reddit compared to only one percent of women of that age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings