7 steps to minimize risk of Facebook hack!
Washington: People who do have little or no time to maintain Facebook profiles, can do seven things to at least minimize the damage when their account gets hacked, a report has said.
Firstly, change your name. If you tweak your name just a little, or use a nickname, it will be easier for you after the inevitable hack.
Opening more than one account can also help. It violates Facebook`s terms of service, but 80 million accounts already do it, says privacy expert John Sileo.
Secondly, stop geotagging your photos. Geotagging includes the latitude and longitude where a picture was taken.
Thirdly, lie about your age as it is a key piece of information needed to steal your identity.
The fourth and one of the most important rules is that do not store your credit card information on the site, the report said.
According to the report, another important step is to `have some boundaries`. Foe example when Facebook asks you where your photo was taken, keep it to yourself.
Don`t brag about new cars, especially if your photos show where you keep the keys in your kitchen, the report said.
The sixth important step is to go through your timeline and remove posts that provide personally identifiable information.
Lastly, deactivate your account. You can`t get hacked if you don`t have an account, the report said.
And the most important `bonus Pro Tip` according to the report is: `Don`t use your Facebook password anywhere else. That`s making it way too easy for the bad guys.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie