9 out of 10 websites found vulnerable to hackers
Washington: A new research shows that more than 90 percent of the websites are vulnerable to hackers, including some of the biggest brands.
Another report from Cisco Systems reveals that media and publishing sites are at the biggest risk of spreading malware and viruses through infected advertising networks.
The report said that merely 8.3 percent websites are protected from hackers, and the remaining websites failed to match up to the security standards.
The biggest threats on the websites are in the form of malvertising. Other at-risk industries include pharmaceutical and chemical, transportation and shipping, manufacturing, insurance, agriculture, professional services, food and beverage, and retail.
The average cost of a security breach has increased to 5.4 million dollars in 2014, up from 4.5 million dollars last year, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!