92% Twitter users watch TV shows based on feeds
Washington: A majority of Twitter users watch TV shows based on what`s in their feed, a new study has revealed.
In a new study by Fox, Twitter and the Advertising Research Foundation, it was found that about 92 percent of Twitter users take immediate action around a given show based solely on what`s in their feed.
According to Mashable, the research found that the Twitter audience prefers its TV tweets coming from actors, hosts, judges and contestants.
It was found that official show handles ranked third with 18 percent preference, followed by onscreen talent at 40 percent and friends/family at 26 percent.
The study revealed that 77 percent, of those exposed to TV-related tweets have taken immediate action around a given show whether that`s tuning in for the first time, revisiting a show they`ve dropped, changing the channel or searching for ways to watch the show online.
The study examined more than 12,000 active Twitter users over a two-week period, blending self-reported media exposure and behavioral data.
The report said that the study is particularly important for advertisers who can use the data to analyse consumers` preference for brand s, who sponsor particular shows and the impact of on-air ads on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read