A website that makes others` dreams come true
New York: Argentine Martin Parlato has created a web site so that netizens can help make other people`s dreams come true, a project he began in honour of his father who died when he was a child.
The US-registered site Posibl.com, which went online last November and has already helped several youngsters fulfill their dreams, began out of "personal necessity", Parlato said.
"I believe social networks have an immense potential to be truly social and perhaps the way they are used is not focused on that. That`s why I felt the need to create a tool that was different," he said.
Parlato recalled that his father - the son of an Italian immigrant who died when he was seven - "gave me some very clear ideas about finding people who have needs, getting involved in their lives and changing them completely - and being generous with whatever success one might have".
He said that on Posibl.com, people tell what dreams they have that are in need of help, and can then receive that help in numerous ways over this platform - one of them being with cash donations, as occurred, he said, with a child in the Argentine city of Cordoba needing a transplant of mother cells, to whom a company donated $60,000 to have the procedure done in China.
Another way is to put the person with the dream in contact with someone who can help it come true, maybe by giving a gift like a wheelchair or just by providing moral support.
The Argentine, who wants to move his company headquarters to New York, is holding meetings these days in the Big Apple with possible investors and with foundations that want to affiliate with Posibl.com.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31