A website that makes others` dreams come true
New York: Argentine Martin Parlato has created a web site so that netizens can help make other people`s dreams come true, a project he began in honour of his father who died when he was a child.
The US-registered site Posibl.com, which went online last November and has already helped several youngsters fulfill their dreams, began out of "personal necessity", Parlato said.
"I believe social networks have an immense potential to be truly social and perhaps the way they are used is not focused on that. That`s why I felt the need to create a tool that was different," he said.
Parlato recalled that his father - the son of an Italian immigrant who died when he was seven - "gave me some very clear ideas about finding people who have needs, getting involved in their lives and changing them completely - and being generous with whatever success one might have".
He said that on Posibl.com, people tell what dreams they have that are in need of help, and can then receive that help in numerous ways over this platform - one of them being with cash donations, as occurred, he said, with a child in the Argentine city of Cordoba needing a transplant of mother cells, to whom a company donated $60,000 to have the procedure done in China.
Another way is to put the person with the dream in contact with someone who can help it come true, maybe by giving a gift like a wheelchair or just by providing moral support.
The Argentine, who wants to move his company headquarters to New York, is holding meetings these days in the Big Apple with possible investors and with foundations that want to affiliate with Posibl.com.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?