Adobe`s massive password leak becomes playable crossword puzzle
Washington: Some 150 million customer records were leaked online after Adobe was hacked, but in a clever move, some of that information has been turned into a playable crossword.
According to the Verge, the puzzle helps remind people how insecure common password choices can be.
Ben Falconer has put together the project, called simply Adobe Crossword, after being inspired by the web comic XKCD.
The collection of 10 crossword puzzles use the most common 1,000 passwords found in the leak as its answers, with up to 50 user-supplied clues serving as the questions, the report said.
According to the report, Falconer said that he is not absolutely certain that the answers in his puzzles are correct, but given the hints his choices appear to be quite clearly correct.
He added that if a person happens to notice his own password in the puzzle, he should stop using it immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi