After Twitter, PMO looking at Facebook account
New Delhi: Within days of its debut on the Twitter, the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) is exploring ways to best utilise the social networking site by addressing grievances of common people apart from looking at the
possibility of having a Facebook account.
Noting that the Twitter account-- @PMOIndia is already followed by 38,500 people in just two weeks, an official source said a small office will soon be set up in the PMO to effectively handle communications through social media.
Though it will not fall prey to `professional hecklers` at the social networking site, the team handling the Twitter page will make it more interactive by answering genuine queries.
"We will take up the matter of people in distress on Twitter. The process of social media is very new for us and things will take time," the source said and indicated the PMO could also offer financial help to those in distress through the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund.
The PMO is also exploring the option of Facebook.
According to the source, the existing PMO account on Facebook is not official and is being run by some fans.
The PMO came on Twitter on January 23 and has since gathered 38,585 followers. "It has been very successful", the source said.
Sources said the PM would have more interaction with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh