After Twitter, Turkey bans YouTube
Washington: After a week-long ban on Twitter, Google`s YouTube video site is the latest to be blocked by the anti-social media Turkish government.
It has been reported that YouTube users in Turkey were unable to access the video site and Google has confirmed that this was not due to any technical glitch on its side.
According to Tech Crunch, YouTube ban was feared earlier this week after Google refused to remove videos alleging government corruption, which was the reason for Twitter`s blockage.
The removal of YouTube happened just hours after a leaked recording was published on the site that was reportedly a conversation of Turkey`s foreign minister, spy chief and a top general discussing different plans that could lead Turkey into war with Jihadist militants in Syria, the report said.
The microblogging site took the Turkish government to court over infringing on users` political freedom of speech, prompting the court to issue stay on execution of ban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron