After Zuckerberg`s 30-min appearance, Facebook gains $6.8 billion
San Francisco: It seems like a little talk can do much wonders. After Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg made a 30-minute appearance at a technology industry conference earlier this week, the conversation helped Facebook gain $6.785 billion in additional market valuation.
Facebook shares finished Friday`s regular trading session up 6.2 percent at $22 as Wall Street`s confidence in the company continued to improve in the wake of the 28-year-old CEO`s first public appearance since a rocky initial public offering in May.
On Thursday, Facebook was quoted as saying by a news agency that its nascent ad exchange was no longer in testing mode, and several advertising agencies reported encouraging early results using the service.
The ad exchange hints at improved monetisation potential for Facebook, said Lazard Capital Markets analyst William Bird.
The world`s No.1 online social network with 955 million users, Facebook has faced a rough debut since its May initial public offering. Investors and analysts have fretted about a sharp slowdown in its revenue growth. Shares of Facebook remain well below their $38 offering price.
The shares are up roughly 13 percent since Zuckerberg spoke at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco on Tuesday.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar