Al Shabab`s Twitter account suspended for third time
Johannesburg: Somalia`s Al Shabab Twitter account has been reportedly suspended after they claimed responsibility for the Nairobi shopping mall attack, in which 39 people were reported dead and 150 were wounded.
The Al-Qaeda linked group posted a message on the microblogging site on Saturday which read as `the Mujhahideen entered #Westgate Mall today at around noon and are still inside the mall, fighting the #Kenyan Kuffar (infidels) inside their own turf`.
The militants further added in their post that what Kenyans are witnessing is retributive justice for crimes committed by their military.
According to a news website, Twitter posted that the militant group`s account has been suspended for the third time in this year.
The site`s policy states that users are blocked for any `unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities`.
Al Shabab`s previous accounts were suspended when they posted photographs of a French commando they killed and threatened to execute Kenyan hostages and later when they threatened Somalia`s internationally-backed president, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!