Amazon beats Google, Apple with paid-for Android apps in China
London: Amazon has launched its first ever paid-for Android apps in China, beating Google, which has offered only free apps. This move is considered as Amazon`s strategy to delve deep into the Chinese mobile phone market where it had controlled less than three percent of the e-commerce market till last year, the BBC reports.
With the launch of new apps and " quality and safety testing", it is predicted that it will also lead to the company opening up stores for Kindle e-reading devices.
China already has a huge market of home grown software and apps that are often malicious and contain pirated versions. Like many other regions, the Chinese market is also acquainted with counterfeit electronic products, and hence, would be familiar with Amazon products.
Apple, to which China is the second largest market, recently experienced a hit to its reputation regarding its repair policies. It is the after sale service policies which will distinguish Amazon in China`s mobile phone market space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you