Amazon beats Google, Apple with paid-for Android apps in China
London: Amazon has launched its first ever paid-for Android apps in China, beating Google, which has offered only free apps. This move is considered as Amazon`s strategy to delve deep into the Chinese mobile phone market where it had controlled less than three percent of the e-commerce market till last year, the BBC reports.
With the launch of new apps and " quality and safety testing", it is predicted that it will also lead to the company opening up stores for Kindle e-reading devices.
China already has a huge market of home grown software and apps that are often malicious and contain pirated versions. Like many other regions, the Chinese market is also acquainted with counterfeit electronic products, and hence, would be familiar with Amazon products.
Apple, to which China is the second largest market, recently experienced a hit to its reputation regarding its repair policies. It is the after sale service policies which will distinguish Amazon in China`s mobile phone market space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III