Amazon to launch own `streaming music service`
London: Online retailer Amazon is reportedly in talks with recording labels to launch an on-demand music service.
Details are few and the talks have been described as very informal, the sources close to the matter have revealed.
So far, what Amazon has shown an interest in is an on-demand service that sounds pretty similar to Spotify, the sector leader.
Others in the field include Rdio and Rhapsody, but Google and Apple are also working on their own projects, the report said.
If Amazon decides to launch a subscription music service, it already has much of the infrastructure needed, including cloud music storage and its Cloud Player, which allows customers to stream songs from Amazon`s servers, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port