Amazon to launch own `streaming music service`
London: Online retailer Amazon is reportedly in talks with recording labels to launch an on-demand music service.
Details are few and the talks have been described as very informal, the sources close to the matter have revealed.
So far, what Amazon has shown an interest in is an on-demand service that sounds pretty similar to Spotify, the sector leader.
Others in the field include Rdio and Rhapsody, but Google and Apple are also working on their own projects, the report said.
If Amazon decides to launch a subscription music service, it already has much of the infrastructure needed, including cloud music storage and its Cloud Player, which allows customers to stream songs from Amazon`s servers, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- David Cameron's successor - Britain's next Prime Minister: Who, how and when?
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics