Amazon.com launches India specific shopping service
New Delhi: Global online shopping giant
Amazon.com today launched a new service for Indian consumers,
claiming to offer 1.2 crore products from both local and
"We are announcing a new online shopping service for
consumers in India. It is an aggregation service that offers
1.2 crore products along with product information, reviews,
pricing and shipping time details that help consumers to make
purchase decisions," Amazon.com Vice-President Amit Agarwal
He said the service will be offered under the brand
Junglee.com, which will also provide a platform to Indian
sellers to list and showcase their products and services and
also generate traffic.
"With the new service, consumers in India will find it
easier to find what they are looking for. When a customer
decides to make a purchase, he or she will be directed to
either amazon.com or to the website of a seller. The ultimate
purchase will happen on the seller`s website," he added.
did not comment on initial customer
target and the investment made by the company on the launch of
The company claimed that Junglee.com will offer options
from hundreds of online and offline retailers, including
Homeshop18, Hidesign, Gitanjali, Fabindia, Bata India, Dabur,
Microsoft India Store, Reebok, and Amazon.com.
It will have more than 90 lakh books and 30 lakh products
from more than 14,000 Indian and global brands across more
than 25 product categories, including mobile phones, cameras,
toys and games, baby products, books, music, movies and TV,
clothing, and jewellery, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday